<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://oldfox004.in

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Old Fox 004: 'Me' reloaded!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

'Me' reloaded!

Image courtesy: Yay images

I wanted to rename my blog as Satyameva Jayathe, but I didn’t. Because I couldn’t. Firstly, I do not have the means to tackle the legal notice by the biggest Khan and secondly I find the phrase quite ambiguous. It looked better in the Upanishad itself; certainly not meant for these times where the champion of the TV show translated as 'Truth Alone Prevails', takes a whopping sum to do so! Besides, the outrage from blogosphere for associating the phrase with a wily ‘oldfox' surrounded by barely clad pin-up models, is absolutely beyond my tolerance threshold.

So, here I am, back again to my good old friend, philosopher and guide - my dear diary, my personal blog – oldfox004 not Satyameva Jayathe. This is the one place where I’m sure to find a listening ear and some occasional eavesdroppers too. It’s been nearly four months after the chicken pox woes and fortunately for me, the scars have faded except for a few stubborn ones that have actually darkened. The problem however, is that I can’t seem to overcome this pain of having lost my brother all of a sudden. But I am ready to talk about it now.

I wasn't ready for this just three months after my wedding. And we had plans - he wanted to do a complete Vaastushastra study of the house we had rented, wanted to see how he could help in our business venture and so on. But Final Calls' do not come with a reminder, do they? It’s the tenth month now that I’ve been trying all the tricks in the book. I kind of joke about him but it backstabs every time. I have inherited his Macbook, his Blackberry and all the art and design materials and I’m really happy about that. But at times, it gets to choke me up, especially when I’m whiling away. I have stopped whiling away. I try to find something to do, anything that does not involve Illustrator or pencils and colours. I learnt this technique from my mother. You see mums are always right!

Coming to the blog, I had started this with the intention to pen down my life after marriage. I did manage a few posts even with the new and alien environs. But it had started to get really difficult. And when blogging was no longer fun, I decided to quit. I tried fooling myself with micro-blogging. But Twitter is a chaotic fish market and I had nothing to sell. I even had a couple of posts typed in notepad that got deleted accidentally. And so, I became lonely again. This year, post the chicken pox, I gave it a shot once again and it was fun, in fact it was healing. But finding the time to blog as well as read other blogs became tough. I couln’t juggle around with two blogs.

As I had said earlier, my hubby and I maintain a professional blog and this takes up all my time, along with other chores. Even when I’m absolutely done with everything, the most I can do is sleep with a book, yes a book is man’s best friend after all! I just can’t relax to blog personally and whenever I had found the time, we had no internet. My internet woes could take up another postJ

Well, you may wonder why I’m attempting to blog again. For starters, I have organised and set up my home-office schedule. It’s been a year of learning, de-cluttering, organising and surprisingly, finding some ‘me’ time. Also, its been a year of plans getting busted and mortality getting tested! I am now very hopeful about this blog and this time around I have my nieces on blogger too!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At June 3, 2012 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Alka Gurha said...

Missed you..... it is a pleasure to read you.Keep blogging.

 
At June 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM , Blogger vinny said...

Alka

Thank Heavens for kindhearts like u:)
On a serious note, thanks for the encouragement...i will need it now and then!

 
At June 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Jack said...

Oldfox,

I am glad to see you back. Please do find time to be here as often as you can.

Take care

 
At June 10, 2012 at 12:28 AM , Blogger vinny said...

Thanks Uncle Jack! I knew you will always be there for me:)

i am taking care...:P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home